Meeting the Neighbors

Monday, May 19, 2008

We live in California. And as much as we love this place, sunshine, palm trees and all that...you must admit that it's pretty rare when you get to meet your neighbors. At least that's the case for us...we pretty much just say hello and goodbye.

Well, this morning...while the munchkin was napping...i grabbed all the plastic bottles and opened the side door to the yard to go throw them out....took a step, looked down...
AND....

THIS is what I see


UMMMM, there is a TURTLE in our yard. WTH?

Now, any of you that know me, know that I am not exactly an animal person. And so, for a split second..."PANIC ATTACK!"...What am i supposed to do? Do I give it water? Can I touch it? Will it bite my finger off?? And this whole time, the poor turtle is staring at me through the window, probably thinking "what's wrong with her?"...

I call Justin, and in a freaked out voice tell him..."Umm, There is a, umm, TURTLE in our yard!!!!!!!! What do i do???"

to which he responds "OH, GOOD! Debbie will be so happy...the neighbor that stopped by yesterday looking for her" Yea, my dear, sweet husband forgot to mention that I need to look out for wild turtles roaming the premises. LOL.

Anyway, all turned out well for everyone invovled...The Turtle, whose name turned out to be "Mrs. Slowski" was quickly returned to her owners but not before I snapped a few photos.

Ok, i may be being a tad dramatic, but it was an unexpected moment...thanks for letting me share :)

1 comment:

~M~ said...

This made me laugh out loud! Too funny. I'm glad you got a picture of Mrs. Slowski, and were able to reunite her with her owner.

All images on http://www.vandjphotography.com/ and www.vandjphotography.blogspot.com are copyright © V & J Photography and are the exclusive property of V & J Photography (unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved. All images and text are protected under United States and International copyright laws. None of the images on this site are in the Public Domain. The photographs on this website may not be downloaded, reproduced, copied, stored or manipulated in any manner or form whatsoever without the prior written consent of V & J Photography.