Photography??? ~ Bay Area Photographer

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Well hello Internet :) Today I want to talk a little bit about how in the world an accountant/auditor came to be a photographer...I suppose this topic is geared a little towards my fellow photographers or those interested in this medium...which I guess all of you are..otherwise you wouldn't be reading a photography blog, right! :)

I often think back to what it was that really got me interested in Photography. Those of you that know me...know that this was not the direction I was heading. UCLA...Accounting....Economics...does not a photographer make! And although I always had the creative side of my brain working...I really have Justin to thank for pushing me forward and encouraging a talent that he believed in.

But thinking back in time...Photography was always a part of our lives. You see...it all started with this:

Photobucket



Photobucket



My Dad's Zenit...made in Russia, built like a Tank...all manual, over 30 years old and still in mint condition. I remember dad developing film in his makeshift darkroom (a bathroom)..I remember the prints drying...we still have albums and albums of black and white prints. Can't tell you how many times I've looked through them...and now Isaac is too.

So, here's a toast to Zenit, to my Dad and to my Husband...and to all the folks who tell stories with their lens!

~V

No comments:

All images on http://www.vandjphotography.com/ and www.vandjphotography.blogspot.com are copyright © V & J Photography and are the exclusive property of V & J Photography (unless otherwise indicated). All rights reserved. All images and text are protected under United States and International copyright laws. None of the images on this site are in the Public Domain. The photographs on this website may not be downloaded, reproduced, copied, stored or manipulated in any manner or form whatsoever without the prior written consent of V & J Photography.